dnf isn't installed by default with net install

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sat Nov 22 07:01:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com> wrote:

>> On Nov 21, 2014, at 7:35 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
>>
>> Is this intentional? I installed from
>> Fedora-Server-netinst-x86_64-21_TC2.iso and post install dnf isn't
>> present.
>>

> Yes, yum is still the default in F21. The plan is to switch to dnf in F22.

I realize that but on Workstation both yum and dnf are installed in a
default installation. In comparison it seems like it's missing on
Server. Maybe it's superfluous on Workstation, but as a transitional
release before the official switch I think it's a good idea to have
both. Encourage more widespread testing, simply because it's already
installed, while being able to fallback to yum when there's breakage.
If F22 is the overlap release, then nevermind. But if we'd default to
dnf *and* not install yum for F22, that seems like quitting yum cold
turkey.

--
Chris Murphy