Docker installed by default due to cockpit dependency chain

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 06:44:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 15:13 +0100, Václav Pavlín wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure if that was intentional or not but to be sure, I'd
> like to
> bring up this dependency "issue":
>
> We've tried to install minimal Fedora with KS where in %packages was
> just @core. This installed
>
> fedora-release-server -> cockpit -> cockpit-docker -> docker(-io)

This is actually a bug. If you install only @core, it should be
pulling in fedora-release-nonproduct, not fedora-release-server. I
think this is fallout from the change in depsolver from yum to DNF.
(Yum would attempt to satisfy the dep with the shortest dependency
chain; DNF uses a different algorithm).

Please file a BZ.