RFC Fedora 23 Change idea

Marius Vollmer marius.vollmer at redhat.com
Tue May 26 07:03:23 UTC 2015

Dan Mossor <danofsatx at gmail.com> writes:

> To make this as flexible as possible, I feel we still need a good
> WebUI for Samba, as well as NFS and iSCSI. FreeNAS has done an awesome
> job on their interface that provides all of these options, I wonder if
> we can use any of their code in Cockpit, at the very least for
> inspiration.

Interesting!  Storage-wise Cockpit is moving from UDisks2 to storaged as
the backend.  Storaged is a fork of UDisks2 and is rapidly acquiring new
features like iSCSI, LVM2, and support for libstoragemgmt.  Network
filesystems would be a good fit but I don't know whether anybody is
working on that already.

http://storaged-project.github.io/