[Fedora-spins] Fun with pungi

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 02:21:43 UTC 2008

On a lark, I decided to use pungi against fedora-livecd-desktop.ks in
order to produce smaller Rawhide install media. After a few false starts
I managed to get working media, and I installed to an external USB HD.
The install booted, but firstboot soiled itself due to a missing
libdb-4.5.so. I booted the rescue media in order to install it, but I
discovered that it wasn't even on the media. Long story short, the
following packages were not included on the media or even in the package
download cache:

compat-db45
hunspell
hunspell-en

I'm sure that pungi is inevitably to blame, but I'm wondering if we
shouldn't add those packages to fedora-livecd-desktop.ks and/or
fedora-live-base.ks in the meantime.