[Fedora-spins] Fun with pungi

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sun Nov 23 19:32:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 21:21 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> compat-db45
> hunspell
> hunspell-en
>
> I'm sure that pungi is inevitably to blame, but I'm wondering if we
> shouldn't add those packages to fedora-livecd-desktop.ks and/or
> fedora-live-base.ks in the meantime.

Does your compose log mention any missing deps?  A fresh install with
the media you created, does yum report any problems with the rpmdb?
This could simply be a case of missing deps recorded in the packages
themselves, and if the deps are missing, pungi can't know to grab 'em.

However given that installing from live manages to work, it really
sounds like there is a discrepancy between what pungi gathers + anaconda
installs vs what livecd-creator installs.  This could be bad, although
it is know that pungi does things slightly different at the gather stage
(gathers all possible resolvers to a given dep rather than the "best"
resolver.  Deciding "best" is delayed until actual anaconda
installation)

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!