[Fedora-spins] Fun with pungi

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazqueznet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 03:45:57 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 11:32 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 21:21 -0500, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> >
> > compat-db45
> > hunspell
> > hunspell-en
> >
> > I'm sure that pungi is inevitably to blame, but I'm wondering if we
> > shouldn't add those packages to fedora-livecd-desktop.ks and/or
> > fedora-live-base.ks in the meantime.
>
> Does your compose log mention any missing deps?

Quite a few. Here are the relevant ones:

$ grep "Unresolvable dependency .*\(hunspell\|db\)" i386.log | sort -u
Pungi.WARNING: Unresolvable dependency compat-db45 in rpm.i386
Pungi.WARNING: Unresolvable dependency hunspell-en in libsexy.i386
Pungi.WARNING: Unresolvable dependency libdb-4.5.so in rpm.i386
Pungi.WARNING: Unresolvable dependency libdb-4.5.so in rpm-libs.i386
Pungi.WARNING: Unresolvable dependency libhunspell-1.2.so.0 in
enchant.i386

> A fresh install with the media you created, does yum report any
> problems with the rpmdb?

Once I put libdb-4.5.so in place so I could access the rpmdb,
package-cleanups --problems reported those 3 packages missing.

> This could simply be a case of missing deps recorded in the packages
> themselves, and if the deps are missing, pungi can't know to grab 'em.

The packages seem to be excluded a bit further up:

http://ivazquez.fedorapeople.org/files/pungi-i386.log