[Fedora-spins] Bugzilla components for spins

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 3 09:11:01 UTC 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 03.09.2009, 09:47 +0200 schrieb Chitlesh GOORAH:
> On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Christoph
> Wickert<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a work flow for getting spins added to bugzilla as components?
> >
> > Currently we only have
> >      * LiveCD
> >      * LiveCD-FEL
> >      * LiveCD-Games
> >      * LiveCD-KDE and
> >      * LiveCD-Xfce
> > but my LiveCD-LXDE is missing as well as the rest of the spins.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christoph
>
> Hello,
>
> I would rather not have this new bugzilla component, since most spins
> have their ticketing system on their fedora hosted page.

The problem is, that nobody knows about the trac instance on
fedorahosted.

> In the case of FEL, we have already a ticket "LiveDVD" :
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-electronic-lab/newticket

I think FEL is a special case as it is a project of it's own. None of
the other spins has this, and most likely never will. For the desktop
spins it doesn't make sense to have a custom bug tracker.

> Let's keep bugzilla for anything related to the packages and
> fedorahosted/SPIN for the SPIN. It really helps new contributors who
> want to join in without many confusions. As well it helps spin
> maintainers to assign tasks properly to a particular community member
> without drowning him/her into websites crawling.

It may help contributors and spin maintainers, but it's hard to
understand and find for users.

> Cheers,
> Chitlesh

Regards,