[Fedora-spins] MIA spins

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jun 30 23:24:34 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 15:08:43 -0700,
  John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:

> To me it is just like the feature process.  If the feature owner does
> not do their part (keep pages update, etc.) Fedora has no obligation to
> do theirs (advertise as part of the release, test, etc.).  So if the
> spin owner does not sign off that it has been tested, it doesn't get
> released for Fedora 14 and they can try again for Fedora 15.
>
> We'll have regular schedule reminders, etc. so none of this will be a
> surprise.  I don't think the Spin SIG should have to cover for every
> spin owner that doesn't follow through.

This will be a topic for the next meeting, but I expect we will recommend
requiring a confirmation that spin owners have tested the version of
GA version of their spin before GA day. If there are problems, they try
to work things out with releng to fix in time. (And maybe delay the release
of that particular spin.) If there is no confirmation, then the spin
is not released as an iso, though the ks file would still be available for
people that wanted to make their own.

We'll probably want an estimated start day and a deadline for the review.
At least one reminder close the the event, and another announcing the
change as well as fixing documentation.