[Fedora-suds-list] Soapenc: vs soap-enc: vs SOAP-ENC:?

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 14:55:49 UTC 2009

On 11/06/2009 02:02 AM, Paul Nicolette wrote:
> With SUDS 0.3.7 on Python 2.6.1, I need to uppercase the "soap-enc" in a
> local copy of http://njgin.state.nj.us/OIT_AddrMatch/OIT_AddrMatch?WSDL
> before it will find an Array type in the <restriction>.

I think your install is somehow not right.  Where did you install from?

I tried your wsdl with 0.3.7 and it seemed to parse the wsdl just find.  See attached,
"suds.txt" which is 0.3.8 beta but I got the same result with 0.3.7.  In the example I
essentially did:

 > from suds.client import Client
 > print Client('http://njgin.state.nj.us/OIT_AddrMatch/OIT_AddrMatch?WSDL')

output attached: suds.txt

Also, after looking at the wsdl, it maps prefix soap-enc correctly as follows:
xmlns:soap-enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/".

Can you be more specific about what your doing when you get the error and include more
information about the error?

> Similar error when I try the mssoapinterop part of the test at
> http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/suds/tags/release-0.3.2/tests/public.p
> <http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/suds/tags/release-0.3.2/tests/public.py>y.
>    I get /Type not found: '(Array,
> http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/, )' /This WSDL uses
> "soapenc:Array" syntax.

Sorry, the WIKI references the wrong version of public.py here.  I've updated to point to
the latest in trunk.

> As a Python/SUDS newbie, is my installation wrong?  I'm trying to use
> the doctors to fix things, but am struggling to understand how they
> work.  Are there any examples with input and post-doc output?.

Yes, something seems wrong although I can't think of what it could be.  Let's take things
one step at a time.  Based on my test, I don't know why you need to use the doctors.  The
WSDL seems ok.  Are you using the doctor for the perceived Array problem above?

If you use IRC, join #suds on FreeNode and we can work this out (jortel).  Or, please
include more info so we can work though this.

> I am extremely impressed by SUDS' capabilities,

Thanks!

but my install seems not
> to be implementing Postel's Law
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle> for WSDLs, at least
> tonight!   Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Heh, yeah, seems that way.