[Fedora-suds-list] Complex Return Types (Again?)

Waldemar Osuch waldemar.osuch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 00:10:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Dan Sommers <sommersd at nimssc.net> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm calling a web service whose return value is a complex type, and I'm
> trying to recover the "original" XML from the SOAP response rather than
> the python object (so that I can store that XML in my database for
> further analysis later).

If you really, really have to have the xml in the raw form maybe you should
look into a different library.

Before suds came along (thanks Jeff) I have been successfully using
elementsoap by effbot http://effbot.org/zone/element-soap.htm.

It is much lower level library than suds (no WSDL processing) but you have
full control over what is happening.

Waldemar