[Fedora-suds-list] Complex Return Types (Again?)

Dan Sommers sommersd at nimssc.net
Thu Nov 19 16:50:46 UTC 2009

On 2009-11-19 at 08:49:34 -0600,
Jeff Ortel <jortel at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 11/19/2009 06:54 AM, Dan Sommers wrote:
>> On 2009-11-18 at 17:29:00 -0600,
>> Jeff Ortel<jortel at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> On 11/18/2009 02:44 PM, Dan Sommers wrote:
>>
>>> d = client.last_received()
>>> s = str(d)
>>
>> That was my first try, and it worked smashingly until one of my users
>> found some XML that contained an ampersand ("&") and a less than
>> symbol ("<") within its text nodes.  Somewhere in there, suds decoded
>> the entities twice, and str returned ill-formed XML (i.e., XML
>> containing actual ampersands and less than symbols in its text nodes
>> instead of "&amp;"s and "&lt;"s).
>
> Ah, very interesting.  Let's fix this!  Can you send me sample XML
> that the suds sax package does not handle correctly?  Also, what
> version of suds are you using?

It's suds 0.3.7 (and Python 2.6.2 on Ubuntu).

For the moment, it's not my XML to send.  That said, you should be able
to confirm this behavior with any SOAP response that contains an
XML-special character within a text node.  Meanwhile, I will verify the
legal status of the XML and go from there.

Thanks,
Dan