[Fedora-suds-list] Suds and no internet connection

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 14:05:26 UTC 2009

Hey Elyrwen,

If the wsdl is self contained (it does not import anything) I'd suggest you download the
wsdl and then use suds to parse the local file as:

 > url = 'file:///home/edynesh/wsdl.xml'
 > client = Client(url)

Otherwise, you can do as you suggested and let suds resolve the dependencies and rely on
the cache to store the files locally.  Or, you can read the wsdl and manually download all
of the dependencies as well.

On 11/24/2009 05:22 AM, Elyrwen Dynesh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to use suds to parse a wsdl available on my local network,
> however there is no connection
> to the internet. Port 80 is blocked in and out. What are my options? So
> far, I was thinking about the following solutions:
>
> 1. Unblock 80 and let suds parse the wsdl and create the schemas in
> /tmp/suds. Then block 80 and use suds normally. This seems to work,
> however I don't know how long? Is there any caching

Yes, you can do this.  By default, suds caches files in /tmp/suds for 1 day.  You can
change this by doing something like: