[Fedora-suds-list] Suds and no internet connection

Daniel Rodriguez danjrod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 16:43:53 UTC 2009

Hi Jeff,

This discussion has brought back a couple of thoughts I had when I started
using Suds.

   - Would it not be possible to load the WSDL from a string ?
   - Would it not be possible to load the "cache" also from a string/file
   (or even remove the cache concept)?

Although I am sure that the "cache" concept has uses for some people, I feel
that most people use the client against invariant WSDL files and therefore
have no need for a "cache" concept, but for a pre-generated version.

This may open the door to having an independent tool to pre-generate the
"cache" with the WSDL file and then let people have a client that works
(with the same API as today) by loading that "cache" (call it:
"pre-generated set of objects") instead of referencing the WSDL.

Best regards