[Fedora-suds-list] The poet, at your service, " said her sister merrily

Kimbra Cuzick coquettishly at alwasmaty.cz
Fri Sep 17 22:03:29 UTC 2010

 this?' said Duncan, serious for the first time. He was always more
grave than I, and used often to curb my high spirits--who would think

it now? "'Fiddle-faddle! Regret a pot of money, or a Queen's commission
as Field-marshal?' I asked flippantly. "'Yet the pot of money might not
make us really better off, and the Queen's commission might take
me away from you,' he said, and stooped to kiss me. "I don't know what
came over me, then. A sudden fear seemed to contract my heart. I caught
him about the neck, declaring we could not be happier than we were.
"'Throw the letter into the fire, Duncan!' I cried.
'It may separate us, and I'd rather have you than all the world
besides!' He held me close a minute, then laughed

a little. "What geese we are! How could
anything separate us, if we don't let it?

You know very well any advantage would cease to be one the minute it
came between us. We will send the letter, but we will use our own
judgment
about whatever it brings us.' "So it was sent, and--what
is that? Tegeloo, what is it? are we to take to the boats, after all?
Why are they shouting so?" She rose, and the girls after her. Tegeloo,
seemingly deprived of speech, was motio