[GSoC] Proposal for IsItFedoraRuby.com

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Apr 10 11:10:01 UTC 2012

On 04/09/2012 06:16 PM, Zuhao wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> IsItFedoraRuby.com <http://IsItFedoraRuby.com> is an idea proposed in
> this year's Google Summer of Code. The website will be mainly used for
> tracking the progress of the conversion of each gem (similar
> to isitruby19.com <http://isitruby19.com>), promoting the Fedora/Ruby
> integration, as well as highlighting some success stories. Hopefully,
> this website will let more people to be aware of the project, and thus
> more would contribute to make it better.
>
> I have drafted a proposal with some preliminary design of the
> website. The proposal is at:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_2012/Student_Application_Zuhao/IsItFedoraRuby
>
> I have already started a discussion in the Fedora Ruby-SIG mailing
> list, but if you have any ideas or suggestions, you are more than
> welcome to bring them up here.
>
> Any feedback is much appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Zuhao

Hey Zuhao, thanks for the submission. the proposal looks very strong,
and the mockups look great.

I encourage anyone else who may have any additional ideas as how to
promote Ruby on Fedora and/or develop additional tooling to streamline
the Ruby to Fedora process to respond here and/or on the proposal
itself. Furthermore if anyone would like to join me in co-mentoring the
project, by all means just add yourself to the wiki, and we can flush
out specific functionality as we go along.

  -Mo