RHN Updates

Michael Young betatest at gnucode.kicks-ass.net
Sun Aug 3 18:01:05 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-03 at 11:25, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > I imagine you about to get a million reasons from Mr. Spaleta as to why
> > this will *NEVER* happen. And he might even try to make you feel like an
> > idiot for even suggesting it.
> >
> > Now, if you will excuse me, I must find my asbestos suit before the
> > flames ensue.
>
>   Hum, may I suggest that the tone of the discussion on those lists stay
> courteous. Suggestions on how RHN or other Red Hat based services are
> certainly welcome, but honnestly I don't think there is much point on arguing
> a lot about those here. It is a customer service, and feedback on
> improvements is again welcome but please don't fight about whether
> suggested changes makes sense or not, I think it is ultimately a Red Hat
> decision on how Red Hat Network service may evolve, and hence starting
> flamewars here about how suggestion "might" affect the service sounds
> a bit pointless to me, isn't it ?

This is true, and I apologize. But you might want to look at my thread,
"updates." All of my thoughts and suggestions were immediately met with
what I felt was contempt and argument (not all of them of course), and
the tone from Mr. Spelata was what I would describe as abrasive and
insulting. It is definitely a RH decision what happens with RHN, but the
fact remains, no one from RH even responded to my question which was
directly associated to RHN.

Red Hats' efforts to make the RHL project a community effort may not go
to far if people are not more receptive to new ideas. It seems new
contributors have a hard time getting into the fold, especially if our
ideas don't follow the "norm." At this point, I don't really feel like
my thoughts and opinions are welcome on this list or in the RHLP.

--
Michael Young <betatest at gnucode.kicks-ass.net>