installing pine under fedora?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at welho.com
Sat Oct 4 15:14:57 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 16:57, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i finally got around to putting fedora 0.94 on my system, and wanted
> to re-install pine (yes, i really should find another mail client one of these
> days), but trying to install the most recent version of pine gave me a
> dependency error -- missing libcom_err.so.3.
>
>   a quick check suggests that that library belongs to the kerberos libs,
> but the fedora-shipped krb5-libs RPM contains no such thing.  i'm supposing
> i can try to install an earlier version of pine to try to beat this, but what have
> others done to install pine under fedora?
>
>   i'd rather not hack around, trying to match versions if there's an easier
> solution.  thanks.

You need to rebuild pine for FC 0.94 and the spec needs a small
modification because of moving of kerberos includes + libs: try
rebuilding from this:
http://fedora.laiskiainen.org/SRPMS.fdr/pine-4.44-19.90.0.fdr.1.src.rpm
(sorry can't provide binaries right now, don't have FC 0.94 box at hand)

	- Panu -