[FEDORA] Re: New RHGB in rawhide

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Thu Oct 9 00:39:27 UTC 2003

On Oct  8, 2003, Jeremy Katz <katzj at redhat.com> wrote:

> How is it supposed to be known that you had "all packages" installed.

If we had meta-packages with dependencies to other packages we could
do this.

> What if you installed all packages but then removed two or three --

But then you wouldn't be able to remove such packages...

> bringing those back on an upgrade would be kind of rude.

> How I wish there were an easy answer to this problem :(

We'd surely have to record the package group selection at install time
somewhere, and use that for upgrades, and also pay attention to
history.  Indeed, it's not an easy answer :-)