[FEDORA] Browsing Samba in Nautilus

Santiago Erquicia erqu0001 at d.umn.edu
Thu Oct 9 20:51:23 UTC 2003

I have the same problem.  I don't know what did you mean with
<samba_server>, but I did that with 127.0.0.1 and this is the result:

[santiago at argentina santiago]$ smbclient -L 127.0.0.1
Password:

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        Download       Disk      Download linux
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (santiago samba server)
        ADMIN$         IPC       IPC Service (santiago samba server)
        santiago       Disk      Home Directories

        Server               Comment

        Workgroup            Master
        MSHOME

If what I did was right, there is no Master server.

I can't make browse a WinXP network.  I think that with RH9 I could but
when I installed the samba server I couldn't anymore.

As you can see I don't know anything about networks, but I just want to
share information over it ;-).