Anaconda Installer: Use of swap space on a multi-drive, multiboot system

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Oct 16 03:39:57 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Robert L Cochran wrote:

> I myself can't think of anything off the top of my head other than I do
> not want an OS' installer to mess with other drives on a system. There
> just isn't a good reason for destroying the contents of another drive's
> partitions. That is what anaconda is doing here.

Actually as was pointed out to me by Alexandre Oliva the really good reason
not to allow this is in the case of vmware etc. I had not thought about that
senario. My vmware machines are typically "that other os" but they could just
as easially be another linux install, clustered storage, etc.

Thanks.

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl at rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123 at rogueind.com