totem/xine-libs problem

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Oct 21 14:29:29 UTC 2003

On October 21, 2003 02:09 pm, Kevin Bowen , <Kevin Bowen <kevin at UCSD.Edu>>
wrote:
> > ... I wonder, by any chance did you install these using --nodeps?
>
> Nope, apt-getting everything, all dependencies being satisfied
> automatically.
>
> Incidentally, since last posting, I've now tried rebuilding the SRPMS for
> totem and xine-libs, and still get the same thing.

FWIW, I haven't installed from source. I've simply downloaded the rpms
from freshrpms, and then (making sure they are the *only* packages in
the directory):  root]# rpm -Uvh *.rpm.

This might be somethat far-fetched, but I wonder if it might be related
to mp3 support?
*Before* installing those libs, and totem / xine / gxine,
l installed mp3 support thus:

1) http://www.mpg123.de/cgi-bin/sitexplorer.cgi?/mpg123/precompiled/
download and install: mpg123-0.59q-1.i386.rpm.
2) http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads.html
download and install: xmms-mp3-1.2.7-22.i386.rpm

... I realise that I'm stabbing in the dark here, but maybe this might help?
<*SHRUG*>

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.