Fedora Core test3 on Latitude D800 [report]

Lauri Jutila lists at reforge.fi
Tue Oct 21 19:33:19 UTC 2003

> > Shutdown completes otherwise cleanly and I wouldn't want to do 25
> > reboots just to get that message, since the machine boots 2 seconds
> > after the oops. Writing it down would be a challenge. ;)
> >
> > Filesystems are unmounted *after* the oops so there might be a way to
> > record the message to disk?
>
> a) serial console
> b) halt instead of reboot, digital camera :)
>
> Bill

Bill, FYI. The oops message that I got was actually the same as Bugzilla
bug #107524. It happened with kupdate and produced almost identical
results as #107524's attached serial console output. This problem only
concerned .2096 kernel.

The bug #107524 can probably be marked as resolved, since .2097 has been
working fine.

--
Lauri Jutila
Chief Linux Fellow, Reforge