Games doesent work in Fedora test 3

Klaasjan Brand kjb at dds.nl
Wed Oct 22 10:01:15 UTC 2003

Markku Kolkka wrote:

>Lauri Jutila kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika Keskiviikko 22.
>Lokakuuta 2003 10:58):
>

>>As there has been some discussion about Fedora's ability to support
>>games, I'll test the following games later today: Quake3, Sid Meier's
>>Alpha Centauri, Railroad Tycoon II, Enemy Territory and America's
>>Army. Report on progress will follow.
>>

>SMAC didn't work on previous Severn/FCtest versions, haven't bothered to
>try with FCtest3 yet.

It's running for me on current rawhide, only it seems to switch te
monitor to some interlaced video mode which gives me a headache. (can't
seem to get that mode to show up using xrandr...)
Quake3 (last version from id ftp) just segfaults with a floating point
exception...
I've got an i815-based system with a Radeon 8500 (using oss drivers).

Klaasjan