text vs. graphical boot

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 23:36:53 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 19:27, Andre Robatino wrote:
>   This is probably a dumb question, but how do I get back the text boot
> while preserving the graphical login?

     o Fedora Core 0.94 now uses a graphical interface while booting. The
       graphical boot screen will appear once the kernel has loaded.
       Presently the graphical boot interface has known issues with respect
       to interactions with the Kudzu hardware probing tool; work on
       resolving these issues is proceeding. Graphical booting is controlled
       by the GRAPHICAL line in the /etc/sysconfig/init file; set it to "no"
       to permanently disable graphical booting.

       To disable graphical booting, append "nogui" to your bootloader
       command line.

Cheers,

Jeremy