X86_64 Preview: /lib dir for precompiled binaries?

Ken Snider ksnider at flarn.com
Fri Jan 23 21:17:53 UTC 2004

Justin M. Forbes wrote:

> Which preview are you using? The preview release I posted Dec 1, and test1
> include all of the basic 32bit stuff.  Mozilla and Open Office are actually
> installed 32bit by default.  If it is the devel tree, it is not a biarch
> tree yet.  You might grep the test1 tree for i?86, everything installed
> there is known to be safe.

I'm using a test1 install from the .torrent ISO's.

/lib is empty save the security/modules/tls directories.

The solution was to install the i686 glibc rpm via -ihv, which was *not*
installed by default (as I didn't install moz/ooffice), and further was not
installable from up2date/yum, regardless of the options I chose.

*more* interestingly, trying to do an "up2date mozilla" resulted in
unresolvable dependencies to all the glibc libraries as well.

--
Ken Snider