naconda White Out - no install

Pete Bradbury pete.s.bradbury at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 24 12:11:26 UTC 2004

Setup
AMD64 fx-51
asus sk8n-404
1 gig RAM
80gig ide
Viewsonic vp211b tft
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 256mb

The above has a promise raid array which isn't recognised, I'm not bothered
about that as I'm using the plain 80 gig drive for linux. The raid uses two
120gig sata drives and is aprtitioned only for win xp.

When I try to install Fedora it enters the Anaconda phase and momentarily I
have a white screen with the X cursur, it is moving for 5 or so seconds and
then locks up with nothing else happening. If I use linux acpi=off I get
occssional screen changes from black back to white, every now and then.

The Radeon card appears to be recognised but not the Viewsonic monitor.