png problems

Tom Duffy tomduffy at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 10 20:00:59 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 13:50 +0000, Craig Tinson wrote:
> all I can find in the logs are hundreds off "Couldn't recognise the
> image file format for file.../path/to/some/png/file"

Yeah, I had this same problem.  Turns out it was a bad upgrade of gtk2.

# rpm -qa | grep gtk2

I had two versions of it.  I removed both with a rpm -e --nodeps.

I then installed the latest version off of rawhide and all was well in
gnome land again.  Not sure why the upgrade of the rpm failed, though.

-tduffy