Yum repositories

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Oct 4 21:20:24 UTC 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 15:23, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 01:57:10PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > (1) What yum repositories can one use for FC3t2 ?
> > (2) Is this kind of info for FC3t2 documented somewhere?
>
> By default, up2date and yum are both configured to talk to the correct
> repositories for test releases, i.e. the development (rawhide)
> repository.  up2date uses an automatic mechanism to choose mirrors.
> Yum does not.  You can get a list of mirrors from
> http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that
"yum is configured to talk to the correct repositories".

Has yum changed in any way from FC2?
Does it still look at /etc/yum.conf to find what repositories to look at?

I upgraded from FC2, and as far as I can see my /etc/yum.conf has not changed.
The only difference I can see is that /etc/fedora-release now reads
"Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2)".
where it used to read "Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang)".

Now when I run "yum update" I get the response
[tim at william 2004]$ sudo yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up Repo:  livna-stable
repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
try.

Does this mean that the livna-stable (and fedora-us-stable) entries
should be remofed from my /etc/grub.conf ?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366