FC 3 and Kernel Lock or Hang

Browder, Tom Tom.Browder at fwb.srs.com
Wed Jan 5 17:01:20 UTC 2005

I'm running an FC 1 box with 2.6.5 kernel (hardware identical to the
ones running FC 2 and FC 3 kernels with hang problems) with an uptime of
over 15 days since intentional reboot.  To the best of my memory it has
never locked or hung up through RH 8, RH 9, and FC 1.

I am now testing the 727 kernel on one problem child (with acpi=no) and
hope it can chug along for more than 3 days (about my max uptime since
FC 2).

Tom Browder