2.6.10-1.727_FC3 power off fails

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Thu Jan 6 12:41:55 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 07:05:20AM -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> I have not tried shutdown -h now lately. The last time that I specified
> that option, the computer did not shut off the computer, thus I changed
> to simply using the poweroff command.

"shutdown -h now" *should* work -- it certainly does for me (my computer
that is affected by this bug can shut down with "shutdown -h now" with
2.6.10-1.727_FC3, but not 2.6.9-1.724_FC3).

Anyway, one of the ACPI bug fixes in 2.6.10 accidentally introduced a
new bug; a fix for that bug is currently in development. It'll be
interesting to see where things stand after that bug is fixed.

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>