new in 2005-7-9 glibc: no more LinuxThreads

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue Jul 12 01:50:48 UTC 2005

--On Monday, July 11, 2005 5:07 PM -0400 Rik van Riel <riel at redhat.com>
wrote:

> The Loki games I have appear to be statically linked, so
> glibc shouldn't have any influence on those.

I'm using tribes2d.dynamic for my T2 game servers running on FC2. Seems to
work ok.

Once upon a time I recall having to use one of those KERNEL_ASSUME
environment variables, but I don't see it in my current script. An old
script has this:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

I think this had something to do with a change to how saving the FPU state
was done. It doesn't appear to be needed now.

With the advent of more multi-core CPU's, I expect to see more game server
binaries make use of threading. There's some now in Battlefield 2's server.