Spatial Nautilus Praise (was Re: Firefox etc. default homepage)

Stuart Jansen sjansen at gurulabs.com
Sun May 8 19:45:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 13:28 +0200, nodata wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 12:42 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> >
> > Once I got use to spatial nautilus, it's actually what I prefer.
> >

> I tried to get used to it, but found the way it opened new windows on
> top of the old ones really annoying.

Yes, that can be annoying. Thankfully, because Nautilus remembers the
position and size of a window when it was last opened, it gets better
with time. I have a folder filled with many PDFs. Previously, to open a
specific PDF I'd have to scan the list until I found the one I wanted.
Now thanks to spatial Nautilus, I can quickly find the one's I use most
frequently by automatically homing in on their location on the screen.
Because so many have similar names, this is faster than even tab
completion. (And now that I have evince showing thumbnails in Nautilus,
it's pretty easy to find less frequently used PDfs also.)

A giant thank you to the developers of nautilus and evince!

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen at gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.