yum error

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Tue May 17 08:27:18 UTC 2005

> and here is my fedora-extras-devel.repo

Where does this file come from, by the way?
I'm curious, since I don't have that.
Can you do: rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-extras-devel.repo

> the error i am getting is above note i have never used yum before can some
> one please tell me what is wrong

The problem is most likely that the GFS packages need to be updated
to sync with the current kernel package (1303). If you're using rawhide,
this will happen all the time. However, this is getting
close to a release, so I suppose it should be fixed very soon. I can
confirm bug.

I would suggest not installing every package there is, because that's
just more things that can possibly break - if you don't need the GFS
packages, you probably shouldn't install them (or, in your case,
you should remove them).

--
Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu>
Cornell University