KsCD won't quit...

David Kewley kewley at gps.caltech.edu
Tue May 17 16:58:54 UTC 2005

Neil B. Cohen wrote on Tuesday 17 May 2005 06:45:
> I'm running FC4T3 and after starting the KsCD applet, I find I can't get
> rid of it. I can close the applet, and close it from the system tray,
> but it randomly restarts - might be after 3 minutes, sometimes after 10,
> but it keeps restarting. Anyone know if this is a known bug - I have not
> seen it anywhere...

Very likely this is because you have a CD in the drive, and the "autorun"
program is running.  Autorun is started in the default KDE install by
~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop, and when it sees a CD, it starts KsCD.
Move that desktop file aside, kill autorun, kill KsCD, and you should no
longer be plagued by an unwanted KsCD.

David