yum error

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed May 18 02:32:21 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Jim Cornette <fct-cornette at insight.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm interested in the concept and this sounds like a great feature for
> database and shared files between stations.
>
> One question though. Why do the modules specify a certain kernel version
> in the src rpms?

you'll have to talk to the maintainer about why its hardcoded...
making it a macro that gets resolved at build time would make some
sense to me... but I also think mash potatos would makes a great cake
frosting so calibrate your opinion of my opinions accordingly.  If you
have a technical issue with how this stuff is packaged... bugzilla it,
with a specific proposal on how to fix the issue so the packages
rebuild in a better fashion.

-jef