Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 15:44:58 UTC 2005

On 11/14/05, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg2 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> > I have not had a problem with any other scriplets.  The other failures
> > your are seeing are most likely a cascade effect of from having a a
> > large update transaction set fail part way through... leaving a trail
> > of broken deps.
> Can you explain this cascade effect in more detail.

broken deps in the sense of specific missing library versions... that
items in the scripts require to run correctly because its expecting
the old library version.
OR
it could simply be that selinux has its own issues at the moment as
others in the thread have remarked on. If turning selinux off  makes
the scriptlet errors stop.. then thats a good indication that the
underlying problem is related to recent changes selinux policy.

Specific scriptlet errors would have to be diagnosed to get a handle
on the underlying cause... your bugreport unfortunately is very light
on specifics.

-jef