Broken scriptlets - will they be fixed by test1?

Ivan Gyurdiev ivg2 at cornell.edu
Mon Nov 14 16:09:01 UTC 2005

> broken deps in the sense of specific missing library versions... that
> items in the scripts require to run correctly because its expecting
> the old library version.

I am experiencing unrelated multiple script failures, and the scripts
execute correctly outside of rpm. Something as simple as /sbin/ldconfig
should not fail. Exit code is 255 always, as described in the bug.
> OR
> it could simply be that selinux has its own issues at the moment as
> others in the thread have remarked on. If turning selinux off  makes
> the scriptlet errors stop.. then thats a good indication that the
> underlying problem is related to recent changes selinux policy.

I run SELinux in permissive mode.
> Specific scriptlet errors would have to be diagnosed to get a handle
> on the underlying cause... your bugreport unfortunately is very light
> on specifics.

I am starting to think that all scripts fail rather than "random
scripts". I will investigate this further...