/dev/usb/lp0 problem - cont

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 15:37:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

Sorry for starting this as another posting, but Evolution continually
bawked at the reply!

Anyhoo...

/usr/lib/cups/backend/hp returns

direct hp:/usb/DeskJet_980?serial=ES16B190F00F "HP DeskJet_980C"
"hp:/usb/DeskJet_980?serial=ES16B190F00F" ""

I'll give downgrading to the standard FC5 versions a try and report
back.

Question I have is when I run s-c-p, both the standard DJ980 entry and
one which contains the serial number appears. Should only one of them be
there?

TTFN

Paul
--
"ein zu starker starker Anblick kann Sie toten. Sie gegen gerade uber
den Rand mit dem festen Wissen des Wege vor Ihnen" - Linus Tordvals