vsftpd and yum problem

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 14:22:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

vsftpd seems to have stopped behaving itself. It fails to start with an
error 500: and wanting a copy each for IPv4 and v6. How do I turn this
off or better still, fix it?

Second, yum is having problems from the command line, but not from
yumex. When I go from the command line yum -y update, yum reports that
it can't find a valid repo for development. yumex just gets on.

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

I've tried using a yum shell, but if I try to enable the repo manually,
I get the same error.

Any help on these would be appreciated.

TTFN

Paul
--
Wenn sie denken, dass die bildung teuer ist, versuchen sie ignoranz