cannot restart xen domain

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 11:44:55 UTC 2006

I had tried those output for each is as follows:
# xm list
Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      463     1 r-----    93.0

# xm destroy fc5t2xen
Error: Domain 'fc5t2xen' not found when running 'xm destroy'

# xm create fc5t2xen
Using config file "/etc/xen/fc5t2xen".
Error: [Errno 17] File exists

# cat /etc/xen/fc5t2xen
# Automatically generated xen config file
name = "fc5t2xen"
memory = "256"
disk = [ 'file:/opt/xen/fc5t2xen.disk,xvda,w' ]
vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3e:00:3f:02' ]
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'

# ls -al /opt/xen/fc5t2xen.disk
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 10737418241 Feb 10 12:42 /opt/xen/fc5t2xen.disk

I've actually gone as far as to shutdown the machine and start it up again
in the hopes that whatever was causing the problem would be cleaned up, but
that was not the case.  I also went and deleted everything xen related in
/tmp and /var/run and reboot in hopes that that would help, but no go.