Problems encountered with FC6T3 installer

Jason Montleon monty19 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 16 14:02:36 UTC 2006

1.) I chose to not use DHCP, and I chose to not enable IPv6 (which greys out
the field to enter a static IPv6 address) yet the installer was still
forcing me to enter an IPv6 address, and not allowing me to continue.  At
that point I had to enable IPv6 and enter a static address to continue.

2.) Entering bogus data into the IPv6 field causes the installer to crash.
I entered 4 or 5 colons, and the installer crashed.

3.) I chose to use the Fedora Extras repository and the installer complained
that it could not unmount /mnt/source.  I could not get through this and had
to power down and restart the installer.