Fedora 8 Test Update: mock-0.8.8-1.fc8

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Nov 22 09:40:58 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Andrew Farris wrote:

> John Summerfield wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote:

> >> Because these are testing updates, not final updates.
> >>
> >> Anyway, we're working on solutions to cut down the noise, like an rss
> >> feed of updates announcements.
> >>

> > rss isn't convenient for everyone. My vote goes to a new list, initially
> > populated with the members of this.
> >
> > maybe for the future, the description for this list could include
> > something like this text:
> >
> >  If you want to track and discuss testing package updates, then
> > you might join fedora-test-updates too.
>
> I'd rather see it continue ...

not to sound rude, but what you'd rather see is not really germane to
the discussion.  what *is* germane -- as i've already suggested -- is
that i originally joined this ML because i wanted to participate in
the discussion regarding fedora test *releases*.  OTOH, i have little
interest in staying on top of the constant stream of fedora test
*updates*, but i'm being force-fed that information anyway.  so what's
the problem with a new ML with that particular mandate?

> to make sure those on the test discussion list were aware of the
> test updates that are being pushed out...

except that there are some of us who aren't interested in that
information.

> the noise of the announcements is not drowning the list by any
> means, ...

um ... have you counted the number of recent posts related to package
test updates?  in fact, that is *all* that is being posted on this
list.  how precisely does that *not* constitute "drowning the list"?

> and if people aren't aware that packages are being pushed to test
> then less testing will occur.

once again, that's not my problem.  if you want to test packages, feel
free.  i don't, so i don't want to hear about them.  why is that such
a difficult concept to grok?

> Is another list really necessary?

yes.

rday