Silly question about panel

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:33:16 UTC 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 15:16:16 Antonio M wrote:
> Do you have data also for Fedora? otherwise you use stats for potatoes
> for selling oranges :-).
> I don't have any stats (and I don't mind about them). My goal is to
> have running systems and I am happy that Andrew helped me to solve the
> problem (maybe that he assumed Gnome as my desktop as we have been in
> contact for a long time....since Fedora 9 was still rawhide).
> And I find that Fedora (I have no idea about RH Enterprise) seems to
> be going towards Gnome even at installation time (ask any new user
> which desktop will choose  when installation is done: I have some
> experience in helping new user to install Fedora)

Fedora, and for that matter RHEL, always used to be gnome oriented.  It is
simply no longer good enough to make such an assumption.  As for "ask any new
user which desktop will choose when installation is done" I'm not certain
what you mean by that.  I have certainly always installed KDE at install
time, and sometimes only KDE.

The fact remains, that if you want help you should cooperate, and you, after
all, were only asked to state more detail in your request.

Anne