rsibreak causes kde 4.2 updates to fail from F10 updates testing

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Sat Feb 7 17:55:17 UTC 2009

On Sat, 07 Feb 2009 10:09:37 -0700, stan wrote:

> I haven't done the install yet, but this should probably fix things after I put it in the local packages directory so
> yum can find it.
>
> /var/cache/yum/updates/packages for anyone reading along.

You shouldn't make up things that don't work. Yum doesn't care about
packages in there unless they appear in the downloaded repository metadata.

By placing unsigned packages in that directory, you even increase the
risk that once the signed copy is published in the updates-testing repo,
the package download will run into problems.

Either use "rpm -Uvh filename" to update a package manually, or do it like
John5342 suggested.