[Fedora QA] #59: Proposed Test Day - StorageFiltering

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon Apr 19 19:56:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 21:42 +0300, Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On 04/19/2010 03:47 PM, Fedora QA wrote:
> > #59: Proposed Test Day - StorageFiltering
> > -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> >    Reporter:  rhe       |       Owner:  rhe
> >        Type:  task      |      Status:  new
> >   Component:  Test Day  |     Version:
> > Resolution:            |    Keywords:
> > -----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
> > Changes (by jlaska):
> >
> >   * cc: jwrdegoede (added)
> >
> > Comment:
> >
> >   Nice work Hurry!
> >
> >    * I like the BIOS raid test, I believe this is the same as
> >   [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_partitioning_dmraid_rootfs
> >   QA:Testcase_Anaconda_partitioning_dmraid_rootfs].  Can we replace the old
> >   one with your new test?
> >    * Hardware RAID - I really like your
> >   [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Install_to_Hardware_RAID
> >   QA:Testcase_Install_to_Hardware_RAID] test case.  That's not something
> >   we've been tracking to this point.
> >    * iSCSI - The
> >   [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_ISCSI_No_Authentication
> >   QA:Testcase_Anaconda_ISCSI_No_Authentication] is available and taken from
> >   the previous iscsi test plan if you wish to use this.  We can adapt it to
> >   include iBFT testing as well.
> >    * FCoE - Do we know how to identify whether you have FCoE capable
> >   hardware?
> >

> Just curious how many people have FCoE-knowledgeable hardware :-)

We don't expect a lot of FCoE testers for this event, but it is one of
the significant drivers for the redesigned storage user-interface in the
installer, so never hurts to ask.  If anyone knows of FCoE communities
or interest groups that would like to participate, please let us know.

Adding nhorman and hdegoede to the cc list for some thoughts here.

Thanks,
James