Somethings wrong with compiz in f13 (at least for me)

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Sun Apr 25 05:07:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 20:43 -0700, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> writes:
> > On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:51:21 +1000
> > Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> >
> >> Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
> >
> > My collection of ATI cards has completely different
> > behaviors from just operating kind of "funny" to
> > total system lockup. The situation is maybe improving
> > (though at least one of my cards got worse in f13),
> > but I suspect a lot of time is the main ingredient
> > required for ATI cards to be reliable again (or
> > nvidia or intel for that matter :-).
>
> The most recent F13 compiz locks up my ATI Radeon display (and keyboard)
> too.  I can still ssh in and poke around but everything including
> switching displays is no possible from the console.  The cpu is mostly
> idle, so it isn't a case of something looping endlessly and chewing up
> cpu.  Logging in to an account that doesn't use compiz lets me use the
> computer for hours without problem.

When I started using F13, it worked great (that was some time around
f13a).  And slowly over time it's got worse and worse, to the point that
compiz isn't usable.  I know some will be saying I should have filed a
bug sooner, but in the past it's been once or twice a week.  Something
has happened in the last few days that's left it unworkable.

What whould I file the bug against?  compiz, xorg-drv-ati, mesa?

Rodd