F14 Alpha DVDs do not Pass Go

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 19:23:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 15:17 -0400, James Laska wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 08:21 -0700, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > > We are anticipating a 'test compose#2' containing anaconda-14.14-1 any
> > > minute now.  We then use that compose to provide bodhi karma for the
> > > updated anaconda package.
> > >
> > > You can track progress in ticket
> > > https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3856.
> >
> > Any chance that AC2 could also have a live image (much smaller)
> > in addition to the DVD iso?
>
> I don't believe live images will be provided by release engineering.
> The next checkpoint for release engineering provided live images is on
> F-14-Alpha release candidate [1].
>
> Not to worry though, thanks to nirik, live images are available on a
> daily basis at
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/desktop/
>
> Try those out.  Bonus points if you can record your live install results
> at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test#Live_Image

Following the procedure we vaguely approved in a meeting a while back
(IIRC), I've designated the 2010-08-03 nightly live images (which aren't
all up yet, but will be soonish) as the 'official' TC2 live builds, so
please use those for TC2 testing purposes.

However, note that they don't use systemd. The 2010-08-04 builds will
use systemd. It looks like we'll need a TC3 to fix the anaconda fail
that's shown up in TC2 anyway, so I expect I'll designate the 2010-08-04
nightlies as the TC3 images and we'll test those. But do feel free to
test the 2010-08-03 nightlies and add any relevant results to the
Install and Desktop matrices. Thanks!