Where is runlevel 5?

Karel Volný kvolny at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 12:37:08 UTC 2010

hi,

On Thursday 26 of August 2010 05:02:45 Adam Williamson wrote:
> No, not really. It's not the Vogon effect. This is a very
> public, very open project; the use of systemd has been
> discussed extensively on this list, and on -test list, and is
> listed in the Alpha release notes - it's the very first item
> under 'what's new'

ok, great ... I remember seeing the info that there will be some
"systemd" thing in F14

but I really do not remember seeing the info that inittab won't
be usable any longer

see the difference?

- I guess Tom has the right to complain

and btw, I don't see it mentioned here nor in the referenced
bugreport - why /etc/inittab gets installed at all if it is not
used?

(I've run into that issue too, but as I was interested in another
problem, I simply ignored that ... if inittab wouldn't be in its
place, I'd go ask "what's new?", but it was there and hasn't
worked, so I thought "oh, there is a bug")

K.

--
Karel Volný
QE BaseOs/Daemons Team