Users are supposed to test latest F14 mdadm update?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Dec 12 16:28:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 16:28:54 +0100,
  Dennis Jacobfeuerborn <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:

> Then mdadm comes along and apparently this update is extra dangerous
> because it contains these procedures that you are supposed to perform. The
> text says "It is recommended that users remake their initramfs images..."
> so this is not just a message for developers or testers.

I think the issue is that for things included in the initramfs you really
should test them right away so that if something is broken you notice
right away while there are a limited number of candidates for the
problem. Otherwise things may not break until a kernel update and it
may be difficult to isolate the problem. For testers you need to do
this right away to make sure you are testing the update. Otherwise
you might be testing a different version than you think you are.
dracut and plymouth are programs that also need to be tested this way.