2010-12-20 - Fedora QA meeting recap

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Dec 20 22:42:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 16:38:57 -0500,
  James Laska <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:
>      4. Check-in with Bruno on upstream investigation into bugzilla
>         nested query search
>               * Will need to contact bruno offline

I have made notes on my progress with this on my Fedora user page, right above
the examples I made for test queries.

It looks like I can't do it entirely with extension hooks, but can probably
do it with add ons for Postgres at least. I need to understand a bit more
about the right way to add new tables.

I want to do three things. View support so that views can be used instead of
tables. This seems to be the best way to support this feature in line with
the current support structure.

Use a view using WITH RECURSIVE to support making a view of the dependencies
table with indirect dependencies. This is ANSI standard SQL and is supported
be at least recent versions of Postgresql. (Starting at 8.4 I think.)

Add a new comparision operator that converts a regex list to bug id list
by matching the expresions against the alias attribute and then match if
any bug id matches. I was going to implement this with a sub select. The
subselect is ANSI standard and is supported by all supported versions of
Postgresql. I believe there is a function call to do regex matches that
returns something appropriate for each database.

I am off work the 24th through the 2nd and should be able to spend some solid
blocks of time working on this during that period.